1/23/23 Board Meeting Minutes

Agenda CDC Board Meeting

North Fork Community Development Council

Minutes of Board Meeting – January 23, 2023

5:30 p.m. via Zoom


  1. Call to Order: The January 23rd meeting of the NF CDC was called to order by the President, Dan Rosenberg at 5:33 p.m.


Present:  Maryanne Welton, Sandy Chaille, Dan Rosenberg, Barb Colliander, Christina McDonald, Cathey Thornberg, Wade Wheeler, Mary Proper, Matt Henderson, Nick DeHart, Angeline DeHart, Jean Russell.

Absent:  Jen Casner.  A quorum was present.

Guests:  Donna Henderson, John Reed, Michael Olwyler, Lindsey Bethel.


  1. Additions to the Agenda: There were no additions to the agenda, except for minutes to be approved (October).


  1. Approval of the Agenda: Sandy Chaille moved, Maryanne Welton seconded, to approve the agenda.  Motion carried.


  1. Public Comment: None


  1. Approval of Minutes of October 24 and November 28, 2022: Sandy Chaille moved, Mary Proper seconded, to approve the minutes of the October 24 and November 28, 2022 minutes.  Motion carried.


  1. Financial Reports for 2022: The financial reports had been sent out.  Donna Henderson answered questions.  Maryanne Welton moved, Mary Proper seconded, to accept the financial reports for 2022.  Motion carried.  The balance in the CDC checking account at the end of December 2022 was $404,824.74. The balance in the POA checking account at the end of December 2022 was $32,095.22.


  1. Corresponding Secretary – none/Membership Report – Donna Henderson: No new memberships, though a couple will be coming in this month.


Discussion and Action Items


Old Business


  1. Biomass plant—updates: Wade Wheeler gave an update of the progress of the biomass energy project.  They are anticipating completion (operational) by June 2023.  More funding is necessary, and the bankruptcy proceedings are continuing.  There are agreements with several private companies and the Forest Service for providing the wood for the plant.


  1. Lot sales update: John Reed gave an update on the sales,  Lots 9 and 10 are working out title issues (Fred Faysal’s).  Lot 11 is to be discussed at the POA meeting tomorrow night.  Outlot B is to be added to the POA.


  1. Potential CDC office building sale. There was no discussion on the sale of the CDC building. This will be covered in future meetings.


  1. Site infrastructure update: John Reed had presented a list of projects needed to complete the infrastructure on the mill site.  It is estimated that about $300,000 will complete this.  He also developed a rough annual budget for maintenance of the infrastructure (water, sewer, electrical, roads, etc).



  1. Rodent infestation in CDC building – rats and mice in kitchen, remove washer/dryer for access: One suggestion was to take away the washer and dryer and patch closed the holes.  This will keep the mice and rats out a bit better!   Maryanne Welton moved, Cathey Thornberg seconded, to offer the washer and dryer to someone in need (be it an individual, organization or school), o a first come, first served basis.  Motion carried.  There were several ideas for this, including someone that Donna Henderson knew, who would buy them for $100 each.


  1. Office rental status: Offices 4 ($140/mo.) and 5 ($248/mo.) ready to rent.  Facebook status and other advertising.  North Fork Boosters/Chamber.  Next steps.  There was discussion on the ownership (hence, accessibility) of our Facebook page, and it was suggested that we set up a new one.  This will be worked on in the next month. Donna Henderson asked if Jason can move to office #4 for the same rent as he has now, and the Boosters rent the office on the end that has handicapped accessibility.  There was concensus to do this.


  1. Formation of Property Owner’s Association: Dan Rosenberg reported that the property owners are meeting tomorrow night (January 24th), to form the North Fork Millsite Property Owners Association.  He will report on that next month. They will approve the articles of incorporation, by-laws, and form a board of directors.  They will address the fee structure for the POA.


New Business

  1. Sewer system operator: A person is needed for the sewer system maintenance. This is a POA issue.


  1. Set date, intent and agenda for “What’s Next” meeting. Review previous community suggestions:  There were suggestions for dates, and Cathey Thornberg agreed to contact Maryanne Welton for her availability.


  1. Annual meeting date/time/logistics: The board agreed to have an in-person annual meeting this year.  Date is March 20th.  Mary Proper will check with the women’s club for providing finger food for about 25-30 people for $250.  Christina will book the Tribe’s Community Center if possible.  Dan Rosenberg will develop the agenda.  Cathey Thornberg will do media advertising.  Barb Colliander will develop the slate for elections.


Organizational Reports (if time):  Booster are having their Citizen of the Year program on February 25th.


Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 6:54 p.m.



Submitted by Barbara Colliander, Secretary



Reminder:  The next regular CDC board meeting is scheduled for February 27th at 5:30.

Leave a Reply