North Fork Community Development Council
Minute of Board Meeting – October 24, 2022
5:30 p.m. via Zoom
- Call to Order: The October 24th meeting of the NF CDC Board was called to order by the Vice President, Maryanne Welton at 5:31 p.m. Present were: Maryanne Welton, Sandy Chaille, Barbara Colliander, Wade Wheeler, Nick DeHart, Christina McDonald, Cathey Thornberg, Matt Henderson, Angeline DeHart. A quorum was present. Guests were John Reed and Donna Henderson.
- Additions to the Agenda: None
- Approval of the Agenda; Sandy Chaille moved, Christina McDonald seconded, to approve the agenda. Motion carried.
- Public Comment: None
- Approval of Minutes of August 22, 2022: Sandy Chaille moved, Nick DeHart seconded to approve the August 22nd minutes with the following corrections: Add Wade Wheeler and Jean Russell to the attendance list. Motion carried. The balance in the CDC bank account on September 30, 2022 is $336,132.04. The balance in the Millsite POA bank account on September 30, 2022 is $29,674.82.
- Financial Report for August and September 2022: Christina McDonald moved, Sandy Chaille, seconded to accept the August and September 2022 financial reports. Motion carried.
- Membership Report – Donna Henderson reported that the CDC received $75 in memberships during August and September
- Discussion and Action Items
- Biomass plant—update; Wade Wheeler gave an update. The NFP has filed for bankruptcy. Sandy Chaille moved, Matt Henderson seconded, to hire an attorney to work with us to ensure a result that is in the best interests of the CDC. Motion carried. Wade Wheeler will look for an attorney and get an estimated cost for the legal services. The board emphasized that we would not turn over Lots 16 and 17, until this is settled.
- Lot sales – update from John: John Reed reported that Lots 9 and 10 are in progress, but sticky, with a 2” waterline easement issue. Lot 4 is also in progress with a lot line adjustment needed. The road for lots 16 and 17 needs paving and needs an easement for the road to the well. Lot 11 is waiting for the POA regaring POA fees. Outlot C needs easement for the well. Lots 2 and 3 and Outlot B purchased are completed. Lots 5, 6, 7, 8 and 11 are left.
- Potential CDC office building sale. John received rental rates from Donna. After this meeting, John Reed will send an estimate for the sale of this property.
- Site infrastructure update – John will prepare list of remaining items to be completed and potential costs.
- Rodent infestation in CDC building: Donna Henderson indicated that we are still looking for an estimate to do the repairs in the outside wall.
- Office rental status and next steps. YSRANDD vacated offices. Central Sierra rented office 8. Donna Henderson reported that there is some repair needed and carpet cleaning warranted for the 2 rooms available in the CDC office.
- Update from Angeline and Jen on Facebook post. No update
- Walking Shield Meeting: This was held by Tribal staff and they did not see a big advantage to participate at this time.
- POA Status: Dan Rosenberg sent an update to members. Paperwork is being completed and then a meeting with be held with the POA to set fees and decide about Lot 11. Wade Wheeler reminded us that we had voted on Lot 11 and that they are not paying POA fees.
New Business – None
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 7:10 p.m.
Submitted by Barbara Colliander, Secretary
Reminder: The next regular CDC board meeting will be on November 28, 2022, at 5:30.
Attendance. P = present
|Dan Rosenberg (at large)||P|
|Maryanne Weltton (at large)||P||P||P||P|
|Barb Colliander (at large)||P||P||P||P|
|Sandy Chaille (nfvfda)||P||P||P||P|
|Christina McDonald/MaryAnn McGovran (tribe)||P||P||P||P|
|Mary Proper/Marcie Favelo (nfwc)|
|Matt Henderson (at large)||P||P||P||P|
|Angeline DeHart/ClaudiaVanDenBerg (cusd)||P||P||P|
|Cathey Thornburg (nfb)||P||P||P||P|
|Nick DeHart (at large)||P||P||P|
|Jen Casner (nfcoc)||P|
|Wade Wheeler (at large)||P||P||P|
|Jean Russell (nffol)||P||P|