North Fork Community Development Council
Minutes of Board Meeting – November 28, 2022
5:30 p.m. via Zoom
- Call to Order: The November meeting of the NF CDC Board was called to order by the President, Dan Rosenberg at 5:33 p.m.
Present: Dan Rosenberg, Sandy Chaille, Matt Henderson, Wade Wheeler, Christina McDonald, Cathey Thornberg, Maryanne Welton, Angeline DeHart, Nick DeHeart, Jean Russell, Barb Colliander
Guests: John Reed, Donna Henderson, Michael Olwyler.
There was a quorum present.
- Additions to the Agenda: Next steps discussion under new business.
- Approval of the Agenda: Maryann Welton moved, Matt Henderson seconded to approve the agenda. Motion carried.
- Public Comment:
- Approval of Minutes of October 24, 2022: Dan Rosenberg will send out the minutes of the October meeting, for approval in January.
- Financial Report for October 2022: The balance in the CDC bank account, as of October 31, 2022, is $410,740.59. The balance in the Millsite POA account, as of October 31, 2022, is $33,205.82. There is a loan to Miracle Forest for $140,638.21 and the Brownfield Loan balance is $177,490.33. Christina McDonald moved, Maryann Welton seconded, to accept the financial reports. Motion carried.
- Membership Report – Donna Henderson: The following individuals/organizations have not paid dues for 2022: Chawanakee School District, Chamber of Commerce, and Nick DeHart.
- Discussion and Action Items
- Old Business
- Biomass plant—update: Wade Wheeler reported that the project is moving forward. The bankruptcy statue is being worked out and at the moment, the DCD has 49% equity. Wade indicated that we may not need a lawyer (per the October minutes), and that we should hold for now. Completion of the biomass energy project should be June/July 2023. The Tribe was asked for a letter of support from Phoenix Energy. Dan Rosenberg shared a letter that he sent to NFCP, that we cannot transfer title for Lots 16 and 17 at this time, as the infrastructure is not complete.
- Lot sales update: John Reed reported that Lots 9 & 10 sales are almost done; Lot 4 lot line adjustment is submitted; Lot 11 will be addressed by the POA.
- Potential CDC office building sale: John Reed sent an email, addressing the research he had done for the sale of the CDC building. Pros and cons were discussed. A decision will be made in the future.
- Site infrastructure update – John will prepare list of remaining items to be completed and potential costs. This led to a discussion of “next steps”. (see below)
- Rodent infestation in CDC building: Donna Henderson had no new information.
- Office rental status: Offices 4 ($140/mo.) and 5 ($248/mo.) ready to rent. Angeline and Jen posted on FaceBook? Donna Henderson reported that the two offices are cleaned and fixed up. Angeline had the Facebook flyer (advertisement) that will be posted. There were a few suggestions for additions and this was completed.
- POA Status: Dan Rosenberg reported that the attorney is drafting materials and will have ready for a proposed meeting of the POA in January.
- Next steps: There was a discussion on where the CDC is headed for the future. Where do we want to put our energies and money in the community? This discussion will continue; Dan Rosenberg or Maryann Welton will send out the results of the survey that was done a couple years ago.
- New Business
- Schedule next board meeting. The next meeting will be Januar 23. There will also be a special meeting to discuss “next steps” prior to that meeting.
Organizational Reports (if time): Jean Russell shared the news that the NF Library was a recipient of a $4.5 million grant. They will keep us informed of the use for that money!
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 6:55 p.m.
Barbara Colliander, Secretary